Charles T. Kleintop
Charles T. Kleintop is a Managing Partner at Kleintop & Luria, LLP, who received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Lehigh University and his Juris Doctor degree from Georgetown University School of Law in 1970.
Mr. Kleintop served as a military judge and is an arbitrator for the State of Hawaii Court Annexed Arbitration Program. He also served as a Chairperson of the Family Law Section of the Hawaii State Bar Association. Additionally, he has received the distinction of being named in Hawaii’s Super Lawyers of 2008, and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 1987. Mr. Kleintop has also attained the highest possible rating of “AV” from Martindale Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys, indicating preeminent legal ability and the highest standard of ethics.
Mr. Kleintop is admitted to practice law in all state courts of Hawaii, the District of Columbia, and California. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Military Appeals.
- J.D., Georgetown University School of Law, 1970
– Membership: Delta Theta Phi
- B.A., Lehigh University, 1967
- Hawaii State Bar, 1973
- California State Bar, 1976
- District of Columbia Bar, 1970
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals, 1971
- U.S. Marine Corps, 1970-1976
- Military Judge, 1975-1976
- Colonel, USMCR, Ret.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, 1987-present
- Hawaii Super Lawyers, 2008-present
- AV rating by Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Chairperson, Family Law Section, 1992-1994
- Arbitrator, State of Hawaii Court Annexed Arbitration Program, 1986-2009
- Chairperson, Disciplinary Board, Hawaii Supreme Court, 2003-2007
- American Bar Association, Member
– Sections: Family Law; Litigation; Law Practice Management
- The American Association for Justice
- District of Columbia Bar
- State Bar of California